The Metropolitan Roadmap
We will keep this simple, we are working to ensure that your safety and that of our team comes first.
The world has changed and this is our response, our roadmap outlining how we are working to adapt and what that will mean for your Metropolitan experience.
We kindly ask that you cooperate with our guidelines to protect yourself and others, for this to work it will be a joint effort.
What to know before you dine with us:
- We will require a name and contact number of one of your guests attending to be stored for 21 days to support NHS Test & Trace. These details will be held confidentially and deleted after the given period.
- Bookings are spaced to ensure staggered guest arrivals, to ensure this is as effective as possible please arrive on time for your dedicated reservation slot.
- Throughout your time in Metropolitan we will ask you to maintain a 1 metre distance from other parties & staff.
- Please check in with reservations and use our hand sanitiser station.
- We will have dedicated socially distanced waiting areas following ‘check in’ with reservations, please remain in your allocated area until we show you to your table.
- There will be a one way route through the venue with guests entering through the main doors and exiting through our exit through the courtyard.
- Once you have been shown to your table we ask that you remain at your table other than to visit the bathroom. There will be no bar service until a future date when it is safe to do so.
- If you are going to the bathroom or leaving the venue please follow our one way system through the venue.
- Toilets: Guests will be asked to be vigilant and maintain social distancing when using our toilets, signage will be in place to follow hygiene procedures.
- To avoid cross contamination we will provide single use menus and provide disposable napkins, these will be recycled once used.
- Guests of two are allocated their table for 1.5 hours, guests of 3 or more are allocated their table for 2 hours. Following this table time guests will be kindly asked to relinquish their table. Upon request we are able to take reservations for drinks tables after dinner, this however is dependent on limited availability. There will be no standing or bar service available.
- We respectfully ask that you pay by contactless, credit/debit card where possible and not with cash.
What are we doing to ensure we maintain a hygienic environment:
- Staff temperature checks on arrival at work
- Hand sanitiser stations on arrival and in the venue
- Enhanced cleaning procedures across the venue
- Deep cleans between sittings
- 30 minute regular hand wash protocol for staff
- Continuously self cleaning surfaces to cover heavily handled areas such as door handles
- Personal protective equipment & screens for staff, face shields and masks where appropriate and gloves for specific duties (handling deliveries & waste, food preparation)
- Sterilisation of crockery and cutlery
- Cleaning checklist relating to waiter stations, POS screens and equipment
- Personal staff pre shift checklists
- Staggered arrivals for shift
- One person at a time in the staff room
- Staff change into uniform on site
- New procedures for taking deliveries and handling waste
- Kitchen and bar teams social distance working wherever possible